Friday, July 30, 2010

Odds and ends Berlin

A little felafel place we heard was pretty good near Gorlitzer bahnhof. A couchsurfer said it was his friends favorite place. The felafel itself were no match for Maroush(see post on Maroush) being a little too mushy and didn't really hold their shape, but interestingly they made a strong concession to the Germans, The standard felafel sandwich was loaded with mint cucumbers, onions and tomatoes but in addition to the yogurt sauce came yellow mustard. Not really my favorite felafel condiment but and interesting one.

Now I'm not 100% sure, but I think this sticker translates to, "People love us on Yelp" in German(I know it doesn't really say that but feel free to correct me in the comments section)
To quote my Father, a wiser man then me "I'm not made out of money!" So unfortunately I didn't have the money to eat out for every meal. Luckily we had a very nice kitchen in Berlin to bring back spoils from the Turkish market

This is a very simple Ratatouille made with tomatoes, red bell peppers, onions, garlic, and eggplant all slowly simmered in olive oil and seasoned with herbes de provence. We ate it with the crusty German bread.
This has become something of a staple of our trip so far. Penne pasta with fresh tomatoes onions garlic and some Italian herbs. This also has some fresh mozzarella on it. This is something I miss about Germany Fresh Mozzerella at the grocery store, you can buy tiny 125g balls for 50 euro cents!
Anywho, I think that just about wraps up Berlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment