Friday, October 17, 2014

TACO PARTY! or How To Feed 50 of Your Closest Friends


I like entertaining, when I was a kid my mom would routinely invite 40 or 50 or 100 people for a dinner party, for a Superbowl, or for no reason at all!

This wasn't my largest soirée of all time, but it was pretty close! I invited half work people and half friends knowing that is the best ratio to make awkward social interactions in two camps. I had a few devotees who helped make the party happen. This is key! Every evil mastermind needs a few minions!

I wanted to throw a Taco Party, but not just any old taco party... THE MOST DELICIOUS TACO PARTY IN THE WORLD! No ground beef in taco seasoning dust here! No pale chicken in red flavored sauce. Heck, no chicken at all!

We're going to do all heritage pork and grass fed beef, there will be seafood and veggie tacos for my vegetarian "friends"... I mean "vegetarian" friends. And goat slaughtered by a friend! Everyone should try some goat!

I'll bring in the best salsa makers in the world! We'll have tacos from Mexico, Korea, Jamaica, and India! We'll do it all and do it all with STYLE!

What was on the menu?

Berkshire Pork Carnitas braised in wine apple cider and its own fat.

Amish raised beef short ribs braised in Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Milk Stout

Korean BBQ Pork with homemade Kimchi

Jamaican Jerk Goat with fried Sweet Plantains

Ceviche with Shrimp and Bay Scallop tacos with avocado

Cauliflower and potato Masala "vegetarian" tacos with a cucumber yogurt

Plus some amazing Pico del gallo and Corn Salsa!

For the next week I'll be putting these recipes up on the blog! Be sure to keep coming back and check out all the recipes!

-NOM!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment