Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinner at Tamara's

My sister bravely allowed me and Jessie to come stay with them in NYC. This is one of the meals we prepared to thank them.

Jessie is a master sangria maker we stopped at the market and bought some fruits and berries, wine gin and ginger ale.
Delicious mango, apples oranges and blackberries.

I brined a chicken with thyme and garlic and green onions for 2 days and the baked it at 450 degrees for one hour in 90+ degree heat(this was a really bad plan. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to amazingly delicious food)
It came out well pretty well nice golden skin and moist delicious meat (it's the salt not any doing of my own)


A few days before this me and my girlfriend had stopped in the park to eat an ice cream sandwich. I decided that commercially made ice cream sandwiches you buy from a guy in a truck while delicious, kinda suck. So I decided to make my own! I made a sheet of brownies on a cookie sheet so it would be as thin as possible. Then I cut ice cream sandwich sized chunks out and filled them with delicious vanilla ice cream.


Shazam! Ice cream treats! They were very tasty but I'd like to get the brownies even thinner. Using vanilla ice cream instead of the shit( cool whip)? they put into a normal ice cream sandwich made it LOADS better though.

Pretty tasty, there were also some sides. Mashed potatoes and sauteed asparagus but so I want you to form a picture in your head of creamy fluffy mashed potatoes with lots of butter and cream and garlic and some decadent dark green spears. Sorry I know that's kinda lazy but you know what mashed potatoes and asparagus looks like and I didn't take any pictures.

-NOM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment