Friday, August 20, 2010

Still almost Czech food

The one thing I have to say about the czech people and food. They really enjoy their food. Almost every plate of food I ate in the Czech republic was delicious, and well presented. Food both for the eyes and the stomach.
This extended to a little pizza place in Praha 9 about a block from "Ubitovani Prokopka" where we lived for almost 3 weeks. This was a tiny little family run pizza shop in a tiny neighborhood at the outskirts of Prague. Still you can tell they take a lot of pride in their craftsmanship. Fresh toppings, good pizza oven they kept well tended. They turned the pizza 3 times in the oven so it was perfectly cooked all around. They made really really thin crust style pizzas that were a delight to eat.

This one has chicken, tomatoes, bacon, garlic, tomato sauce, cream and nice fresh mozzarella. yum yum and perfectly cooked in my opinion.
This pizza had jalapeno peppers bacon ham and a whole egg on top. I'll admit the whole egg was a little strange on a pizza but the nice spicy peppers more then made up for it. OK I'll admit this isn't the prettiest pizza ever but their only transgression was to make it too big for the box. You know me you can't have too much of a good thing, even if your stupid pizza box doesn't agree with me.

We went a couple times and I was always pleased with their pizzas, and check it out!

George Clooney pizza box, Florence, Italy
This travel blog photo's source is TravelPod page: George Clooney pizza box, Florence, Italy

George Clooney is making the pizza! This is a stand in photo because we seem to have lost the photos I took of the box :(.

Anywhoo, Great pizza. I swear the next post will be about traditional Czech food.

-NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment